Author: Denise Bissonnette.
(Soft cover, Spiral-bound,130-page Workbook)
A fun and inspiring guidebook for new employees - focusing on the "soft" skills that enhance job performance and retention. As a stand-alone guide for someone newly-entering the workforce, as a refreshing guide for reclaiming our own spirits at work, as a pre-employment primer, or as a template for on-the-job mentoring, 30 Ways to Shine is both engaging and illuminating.
Order multiple copies and use these codes at checkout for reduced prices:
For a 33% discount on orders of 10 - 19 copies.
Enter Code: SHINE10
For a 43% discount on orders of 20 - 49 copies.
Enter Code: SHINE20
For a 50% discount on orders of 50 - 99 copies.
Enter Code: SHINE50
For a 60% discount on orders of 100 or more copies
Enter Code: SHINE100
(Please note: Only one coupon can be used per order. If you want to use a coupon for another product, you will have to place a separate order.)
Each of the thirty skills in this book is accompanied by simple tasks that can be acted on right away - enhancing the likelihood of success on the job. As a tool for excelling in our jobs, this little book connects us to the true power and influence that we all wield in our workplaces. It encourages us to bring all that we are to our work lives. It gives strategic advice on how to manage conflict and change.
In the context of "livelihood" as a journey, it prompts us to use even the most menial jobs as opportunities for growth and development.
30 Ways to Shine was developed to be used by companies as part of an orientation program for new employees or as the basis for new-hire Mentoring programs. It is also being used effectively by placement agencies for pre-employment workshops and/or post-placement job stabilising services.
Skills Covered Include:
- Calming New Employee Jitters
- Dealing With Change
- Understanding Workplace Culture
- Meeting New People
- Satisfying Employer Expectations
- Learning To Relate In The Company Style
- Clarifying Performance Goals
- Paying Attention To Your Surroundings
- Learning From Mistakes
- Not Letting Worry Cramp Your Style
- Reflecting The Company Image
- Exceeding Employer Expectations
- Shining In The Eyes Of The Employer
- Being A Team Player
- Surviving Office Politics
- Choosing To Think Positive
- Facing Your Fear And Finding Courage
- Breaking Bad Habits Of The Mind
- Coping With Everyday Life
- Taking Small Steps To Change
- Controlling Your Anger
- Making Yourself Understood
- Benefiting From Praise And Criticism
- Developing The Ability To Really Listen
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Making A Difference
- Making Work Meaningful
- Living Each Day Gratefully
- Learning From A Mentor
- Balancing Life And Work